Reflexology is a form of natural, holistic therapy based on the discovery that there are points on the feet, which correspond to organs, systems and structures within the entire body. This corresponding relationship is called a “Reflex”. A reflex is when stimulation at one point brings out a response in another point or area.
In Reflexology, by using special pressure techniques to stimulate the points on the feet and hands, imbalances in the tissues, organs and systems of the body can be both detected and effectively treated to restore balance, promoting self-help, health and well-being.
Reflexology works within the body’s own natural healing abilities to:
- Induce a state of deep relaxation, reducing stress, tension & anxiety
- Provides pain relief – muscles are now relaxed
- Stimulates blood and lymph flow, eliminating toxins
- Stimulates nerve supply, enhancing energy and vitality
- Aids digestion
- Relieves symptoms of stress, allergies and hay fever
- Relieves symptoms of digestive issues, i.e. IBS, Crohns, constipation, bloating